Please Act Now to Support SB 1060 and Oppose SB 731 in the Virginia Senate
The Virginia Senate Transportation Committee will consider two bicycle-related bills this afternoon, Wed., Jan., 23. We need you to respectfully ask the Senate Transportation Committee members to:
- Support SB 1060, introduced by Senator Reeves, which would prohibit motorists from rear-ending or side-swiping bicyclists (i.e., following bicyclists too closely or passing bicyclists with less than a 3-foot gap).
- Oppose SB 731, introduced by Senator Carrico, which would prohibit riding mopeds on highways with speed limits above 35 miles per hour. If moped riding is banned, bicycling may be next!
- Sen. Barbara Favola (D-31st District), (804) 698-7531, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sen. Dave Marsden (D-37th District), (804) 698-7537, <email@example.com>
- Sen. Chuck Colgan (D-29th District), (804) 698-7529, <firstname.lastname@example.org>