Introducing the Street Wize Foundation, a WABA Business Member
We’ve recently introduced you to our business membership program. We debuted the program last year and are steadily signing up new business members in 2014. As part of the program, we’d like to introduce you to some of our business members. Today, meet the Street Wize Foundation. The Street Wize Foundation is a Washington, DC-based organization “educating our youth one community at a time.” They run a number of outreach programs that provide education and harm-reduction strategies for at-risk youth in the DC-area.
One of the key projects of the Street Wize Foundation is their “Ride Safe” Youth Bicycle Safety program which teaches kids ranging from kindergarten through high school about safe riding practices. Using a combination of classroom and on-street activities such as bike rodeos, kids are engaged and educated in safe ways to ride bicycles. We are happy to count the Street Wize Foundation as one of WABA’s business members. Do you own, work for, or patronize a business that is a good candidate for our business membership? For just $300 per year, you can show your support for a bike-friendly region and WABA’s advocacy. In return you’ll receive:
- Listing on WABA’s business membership webpage with link to your business’s website
- Promotion upon joining through our social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter, and our blog (we have 5,200 Twitter followers and 6,500 Facebook friends)
- Use of WABA’s bike-friendly business window cling and/or digital logo
- Discounted WABA memberships ($10 off) for all employees
- Support in applying for Bicycle Friendly Business recognition from the League of American Bicyclists