Introducing Crystal City Business Improvement District, a WABA Business Leader Member
We’ve recently introduced you to our business membership program. We debuted the program in 2012 and are steadily signing up new business members in 2014. As part of the program, we’d like to introduce you to some of our business members. Today, meet Crystal City Business Improvement District. Crystal City has made a commitment to building a better bicycling city and they are doing that in a big way with many bicycle-centric events in May! Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie, beginner, or a competitive cyclist, Crystal City has something that fits your bike speed! From the Phoenix Derby to Bike to Work Week and the annual Air Force Association Cycling Classic (AFACC), Crystal City offers vigorous and casual opportunities to get or keep you spinning.
- Phoenix Derby – A Garage Race and Fundraiser: Saturday, May 2nd from 2 pm to 6 pm. The Phoenix Derby transforms the underground parking garage at 1900 Crystal Drive into a dynamic, urban race course and spectator event with music, an energy-filled lounge and a bar. Register here.
- During Bike to Work Day Week: Crystal City BID employees will greet area commuters each morning in the Crystal City Water Park from 7 am to 9 am with bagels, bananas, coffee, snacks, great prizes, and good cheer. The 100 riders that show up the most number of mornings during pit stop hours will receive a free custom Crystal City Cycling Jersey! Pledge to take the challenge here.
- TechShop Tuesday Happy Hour: Tuesday, May 12th from 6 pm to 8 pm. Learn more about TechShop’s bike maintenance workshops and take home fun bike accessories. Purchase tickets here.
- Air Force Association Cycling Classic: One of the region’s premiere cycling events. Registration is now open!
- Does your bike need some TLC? Take a pitstop at the Fixtation by the Crystal City Connector Trail or schedule an appointment with Everything Esmonde Mobile Bike Repair (which is in Crystal City every other Thursday).
- Join WABA on May 13th for our Arlington Community Ride ending in Crystal City! We’ll have fun and get to know the community by bike. Learn more and register here.
Do you own, work for, or patronize a business that is a good candidate for our business membership? For just $300 or $800 per year, you can show your support for a bike-friendly region and WABA’s advocacy and get all sorts of perks, including your very own blog post! Details here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.