Be our Part-Time DC Bike Ambassador!
The Washington Area Bicyclist Association is looking for an outgoing, energetic, and motivated person to help run the D.C. Bike Ambassador program. The program’s goal is to establish WABA’s presence city-wide, to foster a positive impression of bicycling and bicyclists and to educate residents and local organizations about bike laws, roadway safety, and potential benefits of bicycling to individuals, families, workplaces, and communities. The part-time D.C. Bike Ambassador will promote WABA’s programs and the Bike Ambassadors’ core messaging, as well as coordinate Bike Ambassador outreach events, and help recruit local residents to become Ambassadors and attend WABA classes, programs, and events. This position is part-time, 20 hours per week and compensation is $14 per hour. Responsibilities
- Coordinate and implement Bike Ambassador outreach, education, encouragement, and community organizing efforts for WABA city-wide.
- Recruit and energize our team of volunteer D.C. Bike Ambassadors.
- Lead one hour-long presentation on bicycling per month with a WABA community partner.
- Distribute print resources to community members, such as D.C. bike maps, Quick Start Guides, D.C. Pocket Law Guides, Capital Bikeshare information, and WABA education and promotional materials.
- Pull the WABA Bike Ambassador billboard trailer.
- Complete weekly administrative and reporting requirements.
- Report to, communicate and coordinate regularly and effectively with supervisor about goals, planning and logistics, reporting, challenges and issues.
- A strong commitment to WABA’s mission
- Willingness and excitement to learn bicycling safety, traffic law, skills, and WABA’s bike encouragement philosophy.
- Experience planning events and coordinating volunteers
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- A flexible schedule and willingness to work evenings, and/or weekends.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Facebook and Twitter.
- The ability to pull a bicycle trailer weighing 10 lbs. for 1-3 hours.
- The ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Organized, good time management skills and ability to multi-task in a relaxed, fun environment.
- Conversational fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- League of American Cycling Instructor (LCI) certification a plus.
You must be logged in to post a comment.