Work for WABA: Membership Coordinator Job Opening
The Washington Area Bicyclist Association seeks an enthusiastic, dynamic, detail-oriented membership coordinator to manage WABA’s growing membership program. We need a go-getter with strong and sincere people skills; someone with enthusiasm for WABA’s mission, and the qualifications necessary to identify, engage, and recruit potential individual members, business members, and donors. The Membership Coordinator serves as the liaison to our 6,000+ members. The Membership Coordinator will report to the Director of Development and work directly with WABA staff to integrate membership throughout our programs. WABA is growing organization, and on occasion, all staff are asked to assist in general duties and at major events. Our Mission WABA works to create a healthy, more livable region by promoting bicycling for fun, fitness, and affordable transportation; advocating for better bicycling conditions and transportation choices for a healthier environment; and educating children, adults, and motorists about safe bicycling. Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed individual membership and business membership recruitment and retention goals.
- Oversee member benefits/discount partnership program. Secure new member benefit partners and promoting existing partners.
- Collaborate with WABA staff to effectively grow and promote membership through our outreach, events, education, and communications.
- Coordinate membership appreciation events and represent WABA at our events, other community events, and through pop-up, on-street outreach to engage area bicyclists and actively sell memberships.
- Manage the WABA merchandise, including maintaining inventory, fulfilling online orders and managing pop-up shops at events. Manage and maintain WABA’s membership database.
- Coordinate with staff to recruit, train, organize, and oversee volunteers, manage the volunteer database, and coordinate volunteer activities to meet organizational goals.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors Membership Committee.
- Demonstrated success in a sales or fundraising position,
- A high attention to organization, detail, and communication,
- The ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and follow through on commitments,
- A self-motivated approach, able to manage programs and campaigns independently,
- Previous CRM database management experience, ideally using Salsalabs, SalesForce, or similar,
- Experience with direct mail and email membership campaigns,
- Strong computer literacy with specific experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and google office suite,
- An enthusiastic commitment to WABA’s mission.