We’re hiring a Communications Coordinator.
Can you write a good subject line? Find the emotional core of a technical policy document? Build just the right audience for an advocacy action? The Washington Area Bicyclist Association seeks a talented and enthusiastic writer and editor with a rich understanding of modern advocacy tools and strategy to join our communications department.
The WABA Communications Team:
- Ensures that high quality, actionable, relevant content gets to members, supporters, the press, and the public.
- Provides communication strategy and implementation support to our internal departments.
- Maintains a consistent, appealing brand across all WABA platforms—digital, print, and in-person.
Communications Coordinator Responsibilities:Writing and editing: Create and edit engaging, relevant content about WABA’s work. Team support: Support content, press, design, and social media for the WABA’s Advocacy, Programs and Fundraising teams. Social Media:
- Provide quick, relevant, and friendly responses to social media enquiries.
- Monitor relevant ongoing social media conversations
- Ensure that WABA content is broadcast on social media channels
- Write, edit and distribute press releases and media advisories.
- Direct press inquiries to appropriate staff and occasionally field them.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience working with
- A CRM database
- An email marketing platform
- WordPress or similar CMS.
- Microsoft Office / G-Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Etc.)
- Project management experience – particularly related to content creation and publication
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Useful (but not required) skills:
- GIS / mapping tools
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Video and editing
- Professional social media experience
- Full-time employment.
- Expected salary range is $38,000 to $41,000
- Work at the WABA Office in Adams Morgan, Washington, DC.
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Generous vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Committed colleagues and a fun working environment.
- Participate in a 403(b) retirement program after one-year’s service.
- Optional voluntary accident and disability insurance programs.