We’re hiring a Program Director
The Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) seeks a creative, innovative and effective Program Director to manages a team of program staff to achieve the outreach and education goals of the organization outlined in WABA’s 5-year Strategic Plan. The Program Director will provide visionary leadership to a team of outreach and education staff with the goal of encourage bikes ridership in diverse communities and educating existing riders in an inclusive environment. The Program Director supervises program staff and manages nearly $1 million in public grants through grant writing, budget and grant management, and reporting. The Program Director is a member of the Senior Leadership Team working directly with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, and other key organizational staff to achieve WABA’s fundraising, education, outreach goals in line with our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. The ideal candidate must share WABA’s vision for better biking in the region and enjoy a working in a fast-paced environment. Job Responsibilities
- Provide visionary leadership to create and implement creative, innovative, inclusive outreach and education programs.
- Lead, manage, mentor, and inspire a team of program staff, including conducting regular performance reviews, promoting professional development, and hiring.
- Manage the full lifecycle of WABA’s portfolio of nearly $1 million in education and outreach grants and contracts.
- Provide program oversight and support on grant deliverables and outcomes, and ensure accurate and timely grant reporting and invoicing.
- Direct risk management reporting, evaluation and training to ensure safe programs.
- Facilitate collaboration across internal teams and organization.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets.
- Build and maintain external relationships partnerships with funders.
- Develop and implement new programs and initiatives inline in the 2020 WABA Strategic Plan.
- Contribute to the organization’s fundraising and development efforts in collaboration with key staff.
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience including leading a team, strategic planning, and capacity building.
- Proven ability to supervise, mentor, motivate and evaluate employees.
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to work closely with others.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects.
- Experience working in diverse communities and on diverse teams of staff and volunteers.
- Bachelor Degree or similar experience required, advanced degree perferred.